Thursday 26 January 2012

Raphael

Despite supposedly now being an adult, I have never been able to shake my affection with the Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtles.

Growing up as an 80s child meant I was able to see first hand the huge impact these little reptiles had on the world. To say I was obsessed with them would have been an understatement.

I collected everything that had even the slightest glimpse of their little green faces on; from the figures and comics, to the more random items such as toothpaste tubes and shoelaces (all of which I still have – gross huh?).

I was forever drawing them and it even got to the point where we were banned from doing so at our school, the world literally went Ninja Turtle mad.  Since then though, I haven’t ever really taken the time to draw them again. I’ve done the odd doodle, but nothing I’ve ever put my heart and soul into… Until now!

Below is a drawing of Raphael that I have been working on. He is based on the original comic book character design, rather then the more jolly cartoon style. In time I would like to produce all four characters, but for now I will leave you with this one.

Thanks for dropping by!

You can also find and rate him on my dribbble page.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment