Tuesday 27 September 2011

USA

September was a month that I had been looking forward to for a long time, for years in fact, as this was the month that I finally got to live out one of my dreams and go to New York City. Not only that, but I was also lucky enough to experience both North and South Carolina along the way too.

I know this is generally a design and illustration blog and so I won’t bore you with a ‘Wish You Were Here’ style review on why you should travel to these States, but I did want to share just a few of my photos from this adventure.

Don’t worry, I won’t make you sit through the 700+ that I put my family and friends through, but I did just want to post a few.

I won’t show you any of North Carolina, as to be fair, I didn’t see a great deal of it. We were staying there with friends and despite seeing some of the area, we never got to experience a vast amount of it.

A lot of my favourite pictures were taken in South Carolina, in the Isle of Palms, where we were staying along the beach in a Condo. Every day, me and my girlfriend would get up early and walk along the beach to watch the sunrise and every morning we would be blown away by the beauty of it. It really was stunning and one of the most breathtaking moments in my life.

After spending the first week of our holiday in the Carolina’s, we then went to the complete opposite extreme by traveling on to New York for a few days.

In hind sight, having the beach holiday after New York would have made sense, but to be honest, the holiday was absolutely perfect and I wouldn’t have changed it for the world.

New York was everything I hoped it would be and more. There is this beautiful anticipation surrounding the City, as everyone around you has different expectations for their experience there. There is just so much versatility to New York and I truly cannot wait to go back, it is just such an inspiring environment to surrounded by.

I hope you enjoy these photos. I will be back uploading more of my art soon, but I do have some big and exciting projects to finish off before I get back to it and so you may have to be a little bit patient with me.












No comments:

Post a Comment